How Incorta Customers are Leveraging Real-Time Operational Intelligence to Quickly & Effectively Respond to 3 Likely Scenarios Caused by COVID-19
SPECIAL NOTE: Check out this webinar where we’ve re-created a real customer use case so you can see creative ways to use analytics.
Most businesses do not have contingency or business continuity plans that correlate to the world we see unfold before us—one in which we seem to wake up to an entirely new reality each day.
Broad mandates to work at home are now a given. But how do we move beyond this and strategically prepare for—and respond to—business implications resulting from the coronavirus pandemic?
Some of our customers are showing us how.
These organizations have developed comprehensive, real-time operational intelligence views of their global teams—some in only 24-48 hours—that help them better protect their remote workforces, customers, and business at hand.
They’re amplifying their coronavirus response capability and using data in brand new ways, providing the ability to do things such as:
- quickly intervene if an employee comes down with coronavirus, to rapidly contain the spread within the company and the community at large;
- assess the comprehensive needs of the remote workforce, to ensure team members are properly equipped to successfully work wherever they are; and
- continue delivering products and services to customers by understanding each team member’s full background and skill sets in the event an employee gets sick or is quarantined, and another team member needs to backfill his/her role.
Modern tools allow unprecedented speed of implementation of sophisticated analytics use cases like this. The best approaches we have seen tend to tackle 3 broad objectives:
- Understand the situation. Better understand exactly what’s going on in your business by bringing disparate data—like employee/contractor, corporate real estate, calendar, travel, skillset, office entry access, computer remote access, public health, and public policy data—into a UDAP (Unified Data Analytics Platform) for automated, real-time visibility.
- Example: When applied to data feeds related to your global teams, you can know at all times where your people are, where they have been, and with whom they have interacted.
- Prepare to respond. Prepare to execute your coronavirus response based upon various contingencies.
- Example: Team data can allow you to do instantaneous contact tracing of any employee in the case of COVID-19 infection.
- Be resilient. Ensure redundancy of key skill sets and responsibilities.
- Example: By identifying scarce skill sets ahead of time, you can proactively cross-train other employees to operate in roles outside of their core responsibilities in the event you need to reallocate resources to cover their duties.
In the upcoming days, we will be sharing what we observe to be best practices related to developing these kinds of real-time operational intelligence toolsets. Harnessing data to make better decisions - for businesses, our communities, our families - is more important than ever right now. Incorta hopes to continue to make meaningful contributions to these efforts.